Monday, August 27, 2012

my weekend {in pictures} ...and results of the fat loss challenge!

Friday night was like Christmas Eve for me.  I had trouble falling asleep in anticipation of what was to come the next day. It had been eight weeks since I started the fat loss competition, and Saturday I would find out how much fat I had lost. Looking back, it wasn't about winning the $500 grand prize. I mostly wanted to see if I had even lost any fat. My heart was beating so fast as my bootcamp trainer “pinched” my fat with the caliper and calculated what percentage of body fat I lost: 6.5%!  I was so happy I danced my way over to the cupcakes that were waiting to be devoured.

If I can lose 6.5% body fat in only eight weeks, what else can I accomplish with my body? Now I want to focus on toning my arms and abs. I feel so empowered after doing this fat loss challenge, and I can't wait for the next one. 

In the meantime, here are some pictures from our weekend.  I clearly indulged in food on Saturday and Sunday. And I also rewarded myself with some new clothes (I bought a dress in a size two!)    

Having breakfast in bed with Bruce Lee while Ryan played golf.

An Alice and Olivia dress I bought this weekend. I previously bought this dress two years ago for the retail price of $330 (I returned it after realizing how ridiculous it was to pay that much for a dress). This weekend I found it at the Saks Outlet for $50. It's the perfect dress for a Christmas party.

Jaci and I celebrating our fat loss by eating cupcakes. Is that an oxymoron?

Freezing cookie dough so I have it on hand for impromptu guests.

Enjoying some local red wine. 

 New succulents in our windowsill.

Ryan relaxing with a gin and tonic after a long day of golf. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...