Thursday, August 30, 2012

healthy pancakes {seriously}

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I could have breakfast anytime of the day and be a happy camper. Did I mention my favorite breakfast food? Pancakes. I love pancakes. But pancakes are made of flour + sugar, which equals belly fat. Did I mention my belly fat hates pancakes?

For the past two months I’ve had egg whites and plain oatmeal every single day for breakfast (except for my cheat day ;) So it’s time for a change. Can I get an hallelujah?

I present to you: protein pancakes. They are comprised of egg whites, old-fashioned oats, cottage cheese, protein powder, cinnamon, a little vanilla extract and pam for the pan. Sounds gross, I know. And it looked really gross before blending it all together. But these are amazing-unbelievable-taste like candy-I want to eat these every meal of the day-pancakes. And I didn't even need syrup. I ate them plain. They are that good. 

I give the credit to Janetha over at Meals and Moves. She used vanilla protein powder, but all I had was chocolate mint protein powder and they were perfect. Also, I’m accustomed to making huge pancakes. Not a good idea with these. I found that making 4” sized pancakes worked best. Go to the kitchen and make these. Now. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...