Tuesday, April 5, 2011

before & after: tv stand makeover

I paid $5 for what I call my new TV stand (I think it’s actually a bedside table). But it turns out it is worth way more than $5. You see I was prepping to paint the table by taking out the drawers. And guess what someone had stashed behind one of the drawers? You guessed it, some good ol’ mary jane. About $40 worth, actually. As one of my friends said, “winning!” HA! Anyways, today has been my first day off in 7 days so I decided to get down to business. I headed to Sherwin-Williams for some paint to get started on my TV stand. After a few coats it is almost complete! I still have some work to do on the inside (so excited for you to see what I’m going to do!). And I’m on the hunt for some cool knobs (probably going to order some from Anthro).        
(Before)
(Sanding)
 (Taking off the hardware)
(Taking off the doors...)

(...but I could only get one off!)

(I bought the "sample paint" for $5 a quart compared to the regular paint at $20 a quart)

(First coat)

(Metallic gold paint)

(Almost done!)

 (I highlighted the molding with the metallic gold paint) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...