Tuesday, August 14, 2012

succulent diy

If you haven’t noticed, succulents are hot items right now. Blame it on pinterest or blogs, they are everywhere. Florists are using them at weddings for bouquets and centerpieces, and Trader Joe’s sells individual succulents, in a pot, for $4! I’ve hopped on the bandwagon too. Actually, I’ve always loved succulents because they are easy to take care of, until I killed one (seen here). Then I learned how to properly care for succulents.

But ever since they have become crazy popular, their prices have sky rocketed. Nursery’s are selling the tiny versions for $3.99. I even saw a jade succulent for $29 at a local nursery. Then I stopped by Wal-Mart. Good ‘ol Wal-Mart, they aren’t lying when they say they have low prices. I found the succulents pictured below for $1.99! I bought five succulents to fill the pot I bought at Home Goods for $10 (I like the look of a short but wide pot for succulents). One tip my mother gave me when planting succulents is not to break apart the roots before planting. I think this would be a great birthday or house warming gift, all for under $25.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...