Thursday, August 9, 2012

pork chile verde

What do you do when you are on a high protein, no sugar, no carb diet and your boyfriend isn’t? Answer: try to find recipes that taste good enough for you to eat, and that he can make even better by piling tons of goodies on top (i.e.: sour cream, tortillas, cheese, avocado, olives…mmm).

I only have a couple weeks left of my fat loss competition, and I’m trying to keep my taste buds from becoming bored. As usual, I called my mom to ask her for tasty, yet healthy recipes. She suggested pork chile verde, which mainly consists of lean pork, onions, garlic, olive oil and green enchilada sauce.

I used tips from a couple of different recipes to create mine. This one here is an easy version and is similar to the one I used. I seared my pork loin (using my Le Cresuet dutch oven) in olive oil, garlic, onions and carrots for about 15 minutes on top of the stove. Then I added the enchilada sauce and parsley and let everything simmer in the oven at 250 degrees for 3 hours.

I ate mine plain, but Ryan put his on top of a tortilla with avocado, sour cream and lots of cheese. But the flavor of the pork was so good, I didn’t even notice I was missing the extra goodies (and the extra calories). 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...