Friday, August 24, 2012

before and after

Three months ago Ryan and I embarked on an amazing trip throughout Spain. We took over 1,500 pictures and couldn’t wait to go through all of them when we got home. A couple of weeks before our trip I worked out almost every day, trying to get toned for our stay on the beautiful island of Formentera. But after consistently eating not so healthy throughout the trip (and drinking sangrias that were a day’s worth of calories), I was disappointed with some of the pictures taken of myself on the island. Ryan snapped one in particular of me on the beach, and I could not believe that was how I looked. That was officially my “ah-ha moment”. 

I always thought I knew how to work out and eat healthy. Then one week after we got back from our trip, I joined Honu Bootcamp in Gilroy. Let’s just say I got my ass kicked. Honu Bootcamp, ran by the amazing Alfy, is all about high intensity interval training. I have never experienced such a hard work out in my life.  About a month into my bootcamp workouts, Alfy presented us with a challenge: whoever looses the highest percentage of body fat in eight weeks wins $500. Umm, hello. That’s like two new rugs. The only catch was I had to completely change my diet. No sugars, no dairy, no carbs. That meant I had to give up my favorite cereal in the morning. And chocolate. And cheese. 

But I’m here today to say that the eight weeks is over tomorrow. It has actually gone by really fast, and I have learned a lot about my body. I’m not sure I will win the $500 (there are some girls that look phenomenal, including my friend, Jackie, below), but I am confident I have changed my body for the better.

During the eight week challenge I found some great recipes that are considered part of my clean diet. They are posted below if you feel inspired to eat cleaner! And did I mention the cheat day? Once a week, I can chow down on whatever I want, i.e. cookies, ice cream, bread, cereal, pizza. Some of my favorite “cheat day” recipes are posted below as well. 

PS -- If you live in the area and are interested in joining Honu bootcamp and seeing all of the amazing body transformations and stories, visit their Facebook page, found here

Clean eating recipes
Pork chile verde
Baked sweet potato fries
Skinny garlic fried rice

Cheat day recipes
36 hour chocoloate chip cookies
Chocolate chocolate chip cookies
Mac n' cheese
Challah french toast

My before and after. The first picture was taken in May 2012.

Jackie's before and after. She looks incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...