Friday, July 20, 2012

baked sweet potato fries

Happy, happy Friday! Is it just me, or did this week go by so slow? Maybe it’s because we have so many fun things planned for this weekend. I’m especially excited to see Alan Jackson! I’ve loved his music since I was a little girl. His songs remind me of when my brother and I would go swimming and listen to the radio during summer vacation.

And Saturday is my cheat day. Woo hoo! In case you haven’t heard (or read) I’m on a clean diet for the next few weeks. It’s all part of a competition my boot camp is having to see who can loose the most body fat. But on Saturday’s, I get to eat whatever the heck I want (if I didn’t have a cheat day, I don’t think I could survive this plan!).

So I’ve been trying to figure out ways to make the food I eat the other six days of the week more interesting. One thing that I eat everyday is sweet potatoes. The first couple of weeks I was just warming them up in the microwave and eating them plain. Can you say blah? Then I found this recipe (found here) for baked sweet potato fries. They are so good!! I skip the brown sugar and just use salt, pepper, and a little olive oil to give them a nice crunch. And I’ve been letting them cook a little longer, until the edges are almost burnt. I love them so much, I think I might eat them on my cheat day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...