Wednesday, July 25, 2012

before & after: succulent planter

If you haven’t heard, my mother is Martha Stewart’s twin sister. Seriously. My mom is an amazing cook, decorator and gardener. My dad recently built her a greenhouse (seen here), and she has been growing and propagating plants like a mad woman. For Easter, she gave us a beautiful planter full of succulents. They say (whoever “they” is) that succulents are easy to care for and hard to kill. Well I must be the one exception because I totally killed mine. I told my mom that I was keeping it in a dark corner. She proceeded to tell me that is a big no-no with succulents. They prefer bright light, like in a south-facing window.  So my mom gave me some more succulents to give it a second try. And can you believe I only needed three plants to fill up that planter? Crazy town. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...