Wednesday, July 18, 2012

deals and steals: moroccan poufs

When Ryan and I decided we were going to Spain my first thought was, “We have to go to Morocco so I can get a Moroccan pouf!” We ended up going to London and France instead, but I was determined to find a pouf on our trip. Especially since cities like Sevilla and Granada were heavily influenced by Moorish design.

I almost had a heart attack in Madrid when I found my first pouf: it was small, with brown and white leather and gold embellishments. It was a whopping 18 euro, or $23 US dollars. Score!

My second near heart attack occurred in Granada in a small shop off a random side street. Let me tell you, I was so glad we wondered down that side street. That’s where I found the most amazing blue and brown leather Moroccan pouf. I had to have her for 30 euros, or $39 US dollars. I also had to buy a new suitcase so I could bring all of my finds home.

I explained to Ryan that back in the US, these poufs sell for $200-$500. His first reaction was, “Well then buy them all and sell them on eBay for quadruple the price.” He’s such a businessman ;)

Well it looks like somebody already stole that great idea and took it to the flash sale home décor site Joss and Main {leave a comment with your email if you want me to send you an invite to this awesome site!}. My jaw dropped when I saw what they were selling the exact same poufs for…$129 and $69?! And that was the sale price! Did I hit the jackpot in Spain or what!?




A snapshot from the Joss and Main website. I couldn't belive my eyes!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...