Tuesday, July 10, 2012

on trend: antlers

Is it just me or is the antler trend popping up everywhere in interior design? Almost every blog or website dedicated to design is showcasing antlers on the daily. I’ve wanted to hop on this trend ever since Anthropologie started selling decoupaged taxidermy heads of rhinos and zebras. While on a recent thrifting trip I found antlers that ranged in price from $24 to $120.  Not wanting to spend a fortune on a pair of antlers, I phoned my Grandpa Frank, whom I knew would have a pair lying around. And of course, he brought me a couple pairs of beautiful antlers. Now I need to decide how to display them. I love the idea of using them as a jewelry stand. I also love the classic styling of antlers displayed above a mantel or bed. How would you style your antlers?

The antlers Grandpa Frank gave me



Some pinterest inspiration:










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...