Monday, July 2, 2012

alameda flea market

The last weekend of the month only means one thing: the Alameda Flea Market. However, the Oyster Festival at Golden Gate Park was also held this past weekend. That meant drinking all day Saturday and waking up early to go to the flea market on Sunday. No bueno. But Shawn and I hit the flea market in full force. We headed straight to the back, and of course we were one minute too late. Another customer had spotted a beautiful suzani blanket for $40. A huge score. I have been looking for a suzani for forever. They can run upwards of $300. Boo. But on the bright side, Shawn scored some African beads and an onyx ring.

For the second time in a row I left empty handed, but came back with a lot of DIY project ideas. First on my list is to ask my dad to make me a marquee sign in my initial. The marquee signs (picture below) of initials, stars and anchors retailed for $250+. But I have a feeling my dad can make me one for a fraction of the cost. 

 Shawn thinking, "Why did I wake up so early?!"

A example of the marquee sign I want in the letter "K"



Lucite chairs for $75



African beads for miles


Beaded chairs for $700-$1,000 
A mirror I now regret not getting. It was only $40!

What was left of the suzani blankets

Burke table and chairs for $395




Nest chair for $125


Pretending what it would be like to have dinner at this $3,000 dining set

Shawn trying to take a picture with my camera...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...