Wednesday, March 2, 2011

on the hunt

Ever since I started going to the swap meet, I have been obsessed with finding vintage, gold mirrors. We have a giant wall of mirrors at work, and I have wanted to replicate something similar for a long time. So after much hunting for unique, different shaped, gold mirrors, I finally have enough to make a mural on my living room wall. I love the way the mirrors make my tiny 11’x11’ living room look bigger than it really is. I wish I had room for more!

To start I bought butcher paper at my local craft store and traced each mirror, making a template. After, I cut out each template and taped them onto my living room wall, moving them around until I found the perfect arrangement. (Before, with my templates).

I love the finished result. I also love that no one else will have these mirrors in their living room. Each is a one-of-a-kind, swap meet find. 

(Before, with my templates).

(After)

2 comments:

  1. you're so creative with everything you use. you've inspired me to hit the swap meets but i'm sure sure I have the "eye" like you do.

    Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney! You should go to the Alameda Antique Faire this Sunday! It's only 30 minutes from the city and has AMAZING finds. I'll be there this weekend. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...