Monday, March 28, 2011

swap meet sundays

(My almost complete kitchen)
Sometimes I love not going out on Saturday night. Does that make me lame? Maybe. But sometimes I don’t mind sacrificing my social life if it means finding super cool things at the swap meet. Which is exactly what happened this past Sunday. My girlfriend Ashley, who is the queen of the social world on Saturday nights, actually stayed in just so she could go to the swap meet at 6:30 am on Sunday morning. Gasp. Say what!? She is now officially hooked, obviously. The swap meet started out slow; many of the vendors were still unpacking when we arrived at 7am. After a couple of loops around, however, we stumbled upon some treasures. Pretty sure I’m still on a natural high from all the things we found. Needless to say, I spent all Sunday afternoon incorporating all of my new finds into my apartment (and revamping one piece I bought).    
  (If my apartment was bigger this wine cart would be mine)

(A badass trunk with multiple compartments. The man selling it wanted $350!)

(An owl cookie jar. It looks kind of funny/scary in the picture, but I love it. The vendor wanted $35 and after a few minutes of talking,said he would take $25. He's there every week, so I'll see if I can get him down to $15 next week)

(A little side table I bought for $15. It looks completely different now that I got my hands on it!)

 (My favorite find of the day, or possibly ever. A coffee shop-esque, light up sign. I paid $10 and it works! I think it totally makes my kitchen come together)

(Another owl to add to my collection. Not sure where it's permanent home will be yet)


2 comments:

  1. I love the new sign for the kitchen!!! Can't wait to see what you did to that table!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! My kind of life and style :))) Glad you got the Ashley girl out there cuz she has a true creative side - now time to tap into it!! Enjoy!!! Seriously, all this is Mona's taste xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...