Thursday, March 17, 2011

the bench: revamped

(My one-of-a-kind, homemade, pink, velvet bench)

After spotting a pink, velvet bench at the Pasadena Flea Market I had my heart set on finding one for my home. The vendor wanted $395 for her pink bench, but I was convinced I could make one for a fraction of the price. After some more hunting at the flea market I came across a white bench for $35. So with that, $20 worth of pink velvet fabric, some scissors and a staple gun, I made a new coffee table for my living room (which I decided to rearrange 15 minutes before I went to work the other day). 
(Before)


(I obviously bought way too much fabric which means I get to cover something else in pink!)

(My new favorite tool)

(After)

(A footstool I found at the SLO swap meet, now covered in the extra pink fabric)

(A glimpse of my newly rearranged living room)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that turned out awesome! You're so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing a new career for two gorgeous Junque Collectors - seriously, you two have the EYE - I use to love to do this type of thing - I am getting inspired again THX!! Enjoy your TREASURES!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...