Monday, March 14, 2011

swap meet sundays

(Rows and rows of fur jackets)

No, I’m not talking about Disneyland. I’m talking about the happiest place on earth for decorators: the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena. It is an understatement when people tell you this place is huge. It is gi-normous. I arrived at 7am to the Rose Bowl Stadium, and it was pretty quiet. I got one of the first parking spots and walked straight in to the flea market with no lines (but I had to pay double the regular admission since the gates technically open at 9am). Remember that feeling you use to get when you lost your mom in a crowded mall and had no idea which way to go or look? That’s how I felt at the Rose Bowl Flea Market. But 100 times more lost. There is so much stuff. Everywhere. I had no idea where to start, so I asked a lady (who looked like she knew what she was doing) what she recommended. Her response was that I probably wouldn’t get through it all in one day and to just zigzag through all of the vendors. And so I was off! I was able to get a good look at the vendors and their offerings early on, but once the clock hit 9, there were so many people (over 20,000 people to be exact) that it was hard to see. Here are a few things I saw at this marvelous flea market. Pictures of my treasures (and the funny stories that go along with them) will come soon :)      

(A pink velvet bench. She wanted $395. I told myself I could replicate something similar  for under $50...just wait and see!) 

(No idea what this is. Maybe a coffee table? But it's badass.)

(I was obsessed with this settee. The vendor wanted $160. If I had a truck and a bigger house, this would have been mine.)

(I love the way these different replicas of the Virgin Mary look together.)

(My much-sought-after elephant table. Too bad the man wanted $65 and wouldn't budge. I told myself there will be more elephant tables to come!)

(I love this. Just love.)

 (A sneak peak at one of my goodies. You won't recognize it after I'm done working some magic!)

2 comments:

  1. You still need to do a post about my elephant table ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the elephant table you covered in pink velvet?? Am so impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...