Friday, January 21, 2011

aloha!

                
It’s finally here! After many months of anticipation I am off to Hawaii. For the first time ever! I’m so excited to drink high caloric, fruity drinks, go on a wicked 26-mile bike ride down Mount Haleakala, eat at Mama’s Fish House and get a golden tan. I am going with my mom and Aunt Sandy, who are both celebrating birthdays during our tropical vacation. I wasn’t sure what to get my mom, so I asked her what she wanted my dad to give her (so then I could get it for her!). And all she said was, “I just want cash so I can shop!” Ok then. I’m not just going to give my mom cash in one of those god-awful Hallmark card money holders. So I got creative.

5 comments:

  1. stop it... this is adorable!!! have so much fun in HI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! At my office, we had a friend who was going on a trip for her birthday and we wanted to give her cash. So we did something similar, we got her the book that she wanted so she could read on the flight and then made oragami bookmarks out of bills and stuck them throughout the book. She loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this could quite possibly be the cutest thing ever! i might just have to copy it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My clever granddaughter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Thats pretty creative and thoughtful... Hallmark is always looking for new cards, ever consider selling this idea?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...