Thursday, March 10, 2011

white elephant sale

(Bear claw and ham&cheese croissants from La Coppa)

After finding out the Alameda Antique Faire was cancelled because of rain (and it was a drizzle by the way, totally tolerable!) we wanted to find something else to do on Sunday. After some googling, Shawn found the White Elephant Sale, a rummage sale benefiting the Oakland Museum of Art.  It is held once a year in a 96,000 square foot warehouse. We were down! So the next morning we jumped into our friend Megan’s SUV (just in case we needed to haul some furniture, which we did!), stopped for a quick bite at La Coppa bakery, and headed to Oakland. This place was insane! There were thousands of people inside. We instantly headed straight towards the furniture section where I found a great side table for my bedroom (pictures to come soon). While I was paying for my table, Shawn and Megan snagged some of the coolest chairs I have ever seen. A pair of vintage, orange velvet chairs! They decided to split the cost of the chairs and use them to decorate their soon-to-be apartment in San Francisco. After we packed up our purchases we headed to Sol Food restaurant in San Rafael. I had the best sandwich with flank steak, grilled onions, avocado and cheese. And the cool, Puerto Rican vibe of the restaurant made it that much better.

(Shawn and me looking fresh at 8am on Sunday morning)
(The prized vintage, orange velvet chairs)
( An elephant I was tempted to buy, even though I have no where to put it in my tiny apartment) 
(Thousands of people searching for that one have-to-have-it find)
(Packing up our treasures)
( Sol Food in San Rafael)

 (Deliciousness)
(A beautiful, mother-of-pearl inlay table at a home store in Mill Valley. Cost = $1200. I'm determined to find a look-a-like at the swap meet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...