Wednesday, March 2, 2011

curtain call

 Idon't have a lot of patience. Period. Ever since I was little my mother would always tell me “patience is virtue”. Yeah yeah yeah. So when I decided to make curtains for my apartment my mom kind of laughed at me.  I thought sewing would be easy and fast.  I had last Friday off and it was raining. It was the perfect time to sew curtains! Little did I know that it would take me all day, plus another day to finish them. But I am in LOVE with the end result. 

So on my Friday off I drove to this amazing fabric store, The Cotton Ball, in Morro Bay. The owner is one of the coolest, craftiest men I have ever met. Yes, a man named Rob owns the fabric store. He is obviously a BAMF. I made my way through the hundreds of bolts of fabrics until I found the most beautiful print that matched my living room PERFECTLY. It was like the fabric-gods knew how I was decorating my apartment and made a fabric just for me. Problem was there was only 2 yards left on the bolt. But of course Rob (being the amazing fabric store owner he is) told me that he had another roll of the fabric in his warehouse and left that moment to get it for me. I seriously cannot get over the customer experience I had in this store. He returned a short while later with the desired fabric, along with other fabrics he thought I would like. Of course I loved them. They coordinated perfectly with the other fabric. So I got some to make pillows for my couch. 

I finished two of the three panels on that Friday. I completed the third panel and hung them all up this past Tuesday. The sewing wasn’t that bad, even though my patience was tested. Yes, it might have been faster and easier to order curtain panels off of anthrolpogie.com. But it is so much cooler to say that I made them :)   
(Before)

(Before)

(The other fabric for my pillows)



(Kalsee's sewing machine that she graciously let me borrow)

(Thank goodness there were instructions on how to thread this thing)




(The finished results) 



3 comments:

  1. And now I will learn from my student! Love your place and the colors you used!!! Way to go Kristin! Wish our swap meet here was as nice as the one you are obviously shopping at! (I am now making plans to go to ours on Saturday!)

    Mrs. Land-Rodriguez

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. Landy-Ro!! You should totally go to your swapmeet! You never know what you will find. Hope you are loving your new house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are awesome! They look great! I've been thinking about making some curtains for our place but have been pretty hesitant about getting started. Thanks for the boost of confidence!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...