Monday, March 21, 2011

ikat


(Quite possibly one of the coolest Tory Burch stores ever)
Lately I have been obsessed with a pattern called ikat. I first recognized it on dresses by designer 12th Street by Cynthia Vincent. I was instantly in love. I then started seeing it in interior design magazines like House Beautiful. I decided I somehow needed to incorporate this print into my house. However, when I went to my local fabric stores and asked for this desirable print, everyone looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. “I’ve never heard of it,” they would say. I didn’t know how to describe the pattern so I looked up the definition of ikat: a fabric in which the yarns have been tie-dyed before weaving. Kind of makes sense, but still hard to describe to people. So I am now relying on the Internet to find my ikat fabric. Although I have no idea what I want to use the fabric for. Maybe I’ll make a headboard? Maybe cover a bulletin board? New pillows? I sense a new project coming on!! 


(I want these on my couch!)




(An Ikat bedspread with an awesome Twiggy poster in the background and colorful birdcages. Pure awesomeness)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...