Thursday, January 20, 2011

fresh start


I have always been a morning person. It’s probably because breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. If I could, I would eat breakfast for every meal. Cereal in the morning, omelets with spinach and goat cheese for lunch, and blueberry pancakes for dinner. Mmm.


In recent months I’ve been more health and weight conscious than usual. You see I’m leaving for Maui on Saturday (yes, be jealous). So I obviously want to be in pristine shape for all of those local island boys, and maybe the tourist (always have to keep my options open!). So a couple weeks ago when Dr. Oz said that adding cinnamon to ones diet could help increase weight loss, I was on it like white on rice. Apparently, eating at least a teaspoon of cinnamon a day helps lower normal elevations of blood sugar. It also helps reduce hunger by delaying food from leaving the stomach, so you feel fuller for a longer amount of time. So I’ve been trying this little trick for the past week, and I definitely feel a difference. I’ve been putting it on Grape-nuts, with hot milk (some people think this is gross, but it is the only way I will eat Grape-nuts), a ton of cinnamon, and frozen blueberries (I love the contrast of the hot milk with cold blueberries). And to top it off, blueberries have the highest amount of antioxidants of all fruit. And they help aid in reducing belly fat. And they help with digestion.


So get on board with cinnamon and blueberries. And say goodbye to those last 5 pounds you’ve been trying to lose! Seriously, I’ve lost 2 more pounds in the last week. Aloha island boys! 

3 comments:

  1. This is my favorite post so far!! Love the breakfast for every meal philosophy.. maybe because I live by it? As for the cinnamon I even sprinkle some in my coffee! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't get enough of your blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinnamon is amazing! I put cinnamon in my coffee instead of sugar. mmm

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...