Thursday, June 30, 2011

before & after: wine rack

As you might have noticed I get bored really easy. Bored with furniture, that is. I bought this wine rack last year but never really liked the black paint. And ever since I found my favorite new spray paint at Claassen Art Gallery in downtown SLO, I have been obsessed with painting anything and everything. The owner, Jeff, has every color in the rainbow. So I decided to paint the wine rack a pretty turquoise and found coordinating paper at Papyrus for the top. And the best part about the paper: it has velvet birds.   

(After the first coat. The old paper wouldn't come off, so I had to cover with the new paper from Papyrus.) 
(Attaching the paper with spray-on glue)
(The velvet birds) 
(The finished product)
(It now holds my typewriter and my newest flea market find, a Chinese foo lion)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...