Tuesday, May 17, 2011

swap meet sundays

(This vendor wanted $10 for the bronze elephant. At the time I thought he was asking too much...now I wish I bought it!)
The swap meet hosted some stingy people last Sunday. Once again, a reminder to vendors: it’s a swap meet. It’s a time to wheel and deal.  It’s not the time to get offended when someone offers you half the price you asked. Half the fun is bargaining! However, one vendor had the right idea. She had an amazing white mirror that caught my eye the moment I got there. I love it because it looks like one I saw at Z-Gallerie last week for $350. She asked for $5. I didn’t even try to bargain. I would have given her $20. It now hangs next to my white lamp, which I still need a lampshade for.         

(A cool side table.)
(A beautiful chair for $25. Too bad it was broken!)
(I liked this coffee table, but he wanted $50. Really?)
(I wished these were matching pairs!)
(A bad-ass "radio hutch thing")
(Leather chair anyone?)
(I thought this would look awesome in a "manly house". Or at Bulls.)
(I should have got this for my bookshelf!)
(My new mirror. I love it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...