Tuesday, April 19, 2011

swap meet sundays

This past weekend my mom came to visit. She lives in the Central Valley and uses me as her “excuse” to visit SLO. Since she was here on a Sunday, I took her to the swap meet. My mother has always been skeptical of the swap meet and is usually in shock when I send her pictures of the great things I find. We left my apartment at 5:55 am, grabbed a coffee from Pete’s, and we were there by 6:15 am. The swap meet was swamped! I had never seen so many people there that early. The vendors were being a little stingy. No one was wanting to bargain (reminder to the vendors: it is a swap meet). However, I did score a working lamp for $1.     

(Some Pete's coffee to give us a jump start)

(A seriously cool hydrangea light. It was $75. I was tempted but have absolutely no place to put it. We came back 30 minutes later,and it was gone!)
(A Fiesta dinner ware set that my mother loved)
(Vanity stool for $3)
 (Vintage mirror) 
 (Old suit case from the 1920's)
(A really cool trunk)
 (1960's side tables for $20)
(70's style lamps)
 (Moroccan inspired masks)
  (An old window Ashley bought for $5. I can't wait to make it into a cool statement piece for her room!)
 (Old stroller) 
(A mother-of-pearl inlay table for $140)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...