Friday, April 22, 2011

before & after: swap meet side table

(Before)
I love this table. I think the carved details are amazing. And I practically stole it at the swap meet for $15. I had this vision of painting it beautiful chartreuses green. So I brought a sample of the color I wanted to the Home Depot so they could match it. The boys at Home Depot must be blind because the paint they created for me was an awful puke green. Seriously. It was bad. Maybe it was my choice of a bad color? (Sorry Home Depot boys).  So I scratched the idea of green and decided on a pretty shade of purple, appropriately named “radicchio”. I like it. For now. The Home Depot is only 5 minutes away if I change my mind next week, right?  
(Using paint stripper to peel of the old paint)
 (Stripper might be one of the coolest things ever...the paint just curdles up!) 
(The green doesn't look bad in the sunglight...)
 (...but bring it inside and BAM! puke green)
(After)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...