Wednesday, June 20, 2012

do you buy real or fake?

Ever since I started following the popular blog Apartment Therapy I have been obsessed with finding an authentic Herman Miller Eames style chair. If you don't know already know, these chairs cost a pretty penny. We are talking like a month's worth of rent. Depending on the style, they run $400 - $600 on Craigslist. But everyday I stalk Craigslist, hoping someone doesn't know they have a Herman Miller chair and lists it for $25.

Yesterday I was doing the same ol' search when I came across this ad for an Authentic, Vintage Eames Fiberglass Chair. I opened the link and scrolled down to the pic. As I scrolled, my eyes darted to a $75 price tag. I almost had a heart attack. I immediately ran to get my phone to call this weirdo that had listed an Eames chair for $75. As I was reading the details, however, I saw the real price tag of $460. The $75 was for a fake Eames chairs. Boo.

So what's your opinion? Do you shell out the big bucks to get the real thing? Or settle for a repro that looks just the same. Can you tell which chair below is the authentic that retails for $499 and which one is the fake that retails for $89? Check back tomorrow for the answer!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...