Sunday, June 24, 2012

thrifting around slo

Even after living in SLO for 5 years, I still managed to miss a couple of thrift stores. I'm super bummed I never stopped in Brook's Woodcraft, which is just blocks away from my old house. From the outside it looks like an unfinished wood shop, but inside it is a treasure chest of vintage and antique finds. And if you don't look close enough you're sure to miss something. 

I wanted to bring home that big rattan chair so badly...it was only $45!! The chair reminded me of the beaches off the coast of Spain. But I brought myself back to reality because we have absolutely no room for it. The rattan chairs continued to haunt me at the SLO Swap Meet, there they were $20. And how about that "hand" chair. I loved it. I wanted to spray paint it gold. I passed it up for $40 and totally regret not getting it. 

My girlfriend Alex scored with some finds. She bought two pairs of antlers for $30 and the purple headboard for $16. Did you find anything awesome this weekend? Score a deal on an antique? Leave your comments below!

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...