Friday, September 28, 2012

antler diy

Lately I've been obsessed with antlers in home decor (seen here). Antlers can be kind of expensive, unless you have an amazing grandpa that had a whole box of them, like mine :) 

However, after I got the antlers, I was a little confused on how to hang them. I prefer the "floating" look, as opposed to antlers on a mount. 

I finally figured out a way to achieve this floating look. Follow the steps below!


Before:


All you will need is wire and a pair of scissors:


Wrap the wire around the base of the antlers and around each individual antler:


Use a picture hook to hang the antlers by the wire:


Then use a grouping of fake flowers, such as peonies or gerber daisies, to cover the wire wrapped around the base of the antler (I only had one flower lying around the house, but plan on making a trip to Hobby Lobby to buy neutral colored flowers). 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...